CELLO STUDIO POLICY (as of September 2023)
Please read carefully!
It will be the responsibility of the student/parents to initiate the scheduling of make up lessons. Once a make up lesson is scheduled, if that lesson is missed for any reason, that lesson becomes forfeit and no further make-up for the original lesson will take place.
1. Students should arrive 5 minutes prior to the lesson start with all equipment and books. Use this time to unpack and tune quietly. The lesson should be well - practiced and prepared - 5 days a week of a minimum time discussed at the lesson (usually 20-30 minutes for half hour lessons, longer for those taking 45 or hour long lessons. ). If the student is not prepared to take a lesson, for whatever reason, including forgetting bow, cello, music, I reserve the right not to teach the lesson, and the lesson will be forfeit and charged. When, on that rare occasion, when circumstances have interfered in preparation, please let me know. This should NOT happen often!!
2. If adequate preparation does not appear to be taking place, as judged by the progress of the student, that student will be put on a month-long probation. At the end of that time, we will re-evaluate the continuance of that student in the studio.
3. If a student is late, the lesson will run to the normal finish time.
1. I highly encourage participation in ensembles, youth orchestras and chamber groups. Please keep me informed of all musical activities. I like to brag about my students!!! I also ask parents to take students to live concerts - there are many in our area, some even free! There are two classical music stations WRTI ( 90.1 FM) which broadcasts classical until 6:00 PM, then jazz), and WWFM (89.1 FM and 89.5 HD2), as well as concert broadcasts on WHYY TV. There is nothing like attending a live performance, however.
2. Our goal in lessons is to learn as much as possible about this fine instrument and music. In following these procedures, it allows us the freedom and scope to explore this most enjoyable art. I look forward to our time together!!
3. Remember!!!! Communication is the key in any successful, so PLEASE let me know if there is any problem with practicing, lessons, or anything that would interfere with a positive learning environment!!
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything."